Monday, October 10, 2011

Lock

Sealed off from the world.
As if the ultimate key had kept it hidden.
Shut up tight.

They won't let it out.
I've tried it all.
Drills, explosives, even C4.

Did they forget about me?
She wants me out of here.
Where are the keys?

Help me!
I've been screaming all day.
But the jailer just smiles and laughs.
I take the food he gives me.

SPLAT!
The window is smeared with corn and beans.
Here it comes.
NO! Stop!

It hurts more every time he hits me.
Send me an Angel.
Break me out of this prison.

Give me the keys.
I hate the jailer.
He looks a lot like me.

5 comments:

  1. "Give me the keys. I hate the Jailer. He looks a lot like me."
    My favorite part. There's a lot of substance in even just the last 6 words. Love. Love.
    Thank you for a great reading experience.
    ~Pond

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Amelia! Wow this is good! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh! "He looks a lot like me." Very nice twist at the end.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Did they forget about me?
    She wants me out of here.
    Where are the keys?"
    Awesome post :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. What's your kryptonite? that will get you thinking about life.... maybe eventually contemplate life....

    ReplyDelete